THE Night Monster






When all the cows are sleeping and the sun has gone to bed..............where is Soli? Sleeping soundly in his expensive cot, in his beautifully decorated bedroom?  Nah! he's with mummy and daddy, in their bed!
Following his bedtime routine, Soli settles in his cot for about an hour.  I have to laugh when I'm staying and he appears downstairs, with a look that says I know I shouldn't be here.  Getting him back in his cot and getting him to stay there is hard work,especially when mummy and daddy need their sleep.  Sometimes it's just not worth the struggle.
Soli is not the only night monster, they're everywhere and there is probably one near you. Lack of sleep is particularly hard on working mums.  According to The Mail On Line, working mums are feeling so stressed by sleepless nights that many are finding it difficult to function.  Of course they are.  As a new mum I remember well those early days. Feeling completely drained by a baby, who wanted to be up and playing at midnight, but I didn't have to be up for work the next day.
 

I wish!

Sometimes being a grandma can be hard.  Although I might do things differently, Soli is not my baby and I don't want to become that old interfering bag of a grandma!  Having said that.......I did  sort of mention that it would be nice for mummy and daddy to have their evenings back.  Soli might be sharing their beds for years and what a passion killer!

 Sleep training it is for you then, our gorgeous Solimonster.  Taming a sleep monster takes tough love, courage, determination, teamwork and a good supply of tea, coffee and choccy biscuits.




Mummy is away on business for two nights leaving daddy in charge,  reassured that daddy has it all under control.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Well if all else fails, remember, nothing lasts for ever.




I remember a lovely song from my childhood, Aah! I don't think the writers had children 🌝

 

Comments

Popular Posts