The Christmas story for Pre School children, Grandma B Style

πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„ πŸŒŸπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΌπŸŒŸπŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„

Sharing the Christmas story with young children should be a wonderful experience.  Often though it is told from a book or in a church setting with over complicated language.   I've taken children to hear the Christmas story in a church setting with a nativity scene, only for them to get bored really quickly.  With the adults looking nervous, praying that the end will come soon, before the baby Jesus comes to some serious harm! 

Young children love a story with puppets and a bit of singing too.  A story that they can make connections with and language that they understand.  So I thought I would produce a simple Christmas story on video that maybe church people will see and take note!

Working with young children, I'm used to telling stories with props and engaging with an enthusiastic audience.  Making a video was hard, very funny to do, but so difficult to get  right.  With a live audience you can take your lead from the children, change or adapt the story as you go along and they don't usually notice when you make a mistake!!

I couldn't believe how strong my Mancunian accent is, and after living in the Cambridge area for thirty years!  I guess you can take the girl out of Manchester but not Manchester out of the girl!

My video is twenty minutes long!   Too long really, with a few mistakes! 😞  but by "Take ten" my camera girl was losing the will to live!

My cardboard box will be out again soon, with all the little woollen characters to introduce to Soli.

I'm hoping that the children at work will enjoy the Christmas story too! πŸ’πŸŒ




πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΌπŸŒŸπŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„⭐πŸŽ„

Comments

Popular Posts