Coming Home for Christmas







It really is not about the presents.   As you get older you come to realise that the magic of Christmas  is people.  Being together with the ones you love is what Christmas is all about. 

Your children grow up and leave and that's how it should be, but hopefully they want to return home, especially at Christmas Time.  One Christmas my eldest daughter was away in China and couldn't make it home, I missed her terribly.   You learn that family time is precious.   I count my blessings that I have a close and loving family and know that I'm lucky to have them all home this year.

Loneliness amongst older people is on the increase.  There are so many older people who rarely see their families and grandparents who have lost contact with their grandchildren.  I can't imagine how I would feel if Soli was no longer in my life.

We all lead such busy lives and forget that one day we will be old.  It will be sad if we become part of that loneliness statistic.  So if you have family that you have not seen for ages, go and see them!!
   
The big day is nearly here along with all the fuss, preparation and stress!  Worth every minute, even with all the arguments that I know are bound to happen, because that's what families do!

Wishing everyone the gift of love, peace and happiness this Christmas 💙🌝








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts