Message from Santa







Good boy, you're still fast asleep. I saved Grandma's house till last because I wasn't sure if you had learnt how to sleep in your cot yet.  I thought I would have to hang around before sneaking in your presents.  Grandma asked me for a couple of presents to stay at her house for when you come and play.  So here they are,  I hope you like them, please look after your new friend and remember to give him lots of cuddles.  I've left a few more presents by the Christmas tree.




Right now, I'm in the lounge, sitting in your Grandad's chair. It's a really comfy chair.  Aah! clever daddy has left me some Hofmeister beer and Grandad's Gin and Tonic!  I'll just rest for a minute and reflect on tonight's delivery.

Do you know, It has been my busiest night ever!  So many countries to visit with lots of children and many different types of families.

You're such a lucky little chap  with an extended family who love you very much. Oh! and by the way I stopped at your little cousins house.  Rio's was sound asleep and all I could see was lots of dark hair.  I hope he is as well behaved next year.

When starting my delivery over England I was full of enthusiasm and ho, ho ho's, but actually in parts it was a rather sad journey.  Children with no homes, living in awful temporary accommodation, with mummies and daddies really struggling.  Do you know I counted four million children living in relative poverty.

Most grown ups are kind, but there are some who hurt children and this really upsets me.  I want all children to live in a safe and loving home.

what really makes an old man very sad though is when children are mean to other children.  I know for a fact that once Christmas is over, some children will be dreading going back to school.

I've been Santa for many, many years and it disappoints me that in 2017, for some children in England life can be tough.  But hey, I'm Santa and I'm a positive old man, so next year, things will be different, right?

It's great to see children enjoying the magic of Christmas, and that makes me very happy, exhausted but happy!  One thing I have noticed this year is that some children asked for too many presents.  I know I'm a generous guy and like to please, but really!!  The sleigh was rammed and poor Rudolph and team really struggled.  The elves work their little cotton socks off making top notch toys but are starting to feel unappreciated and I wouldn't be surprised if there is an elf walk out next year!

Oh dear!  what am I to do?  Listen to Santa children, I say it every year.  You don't have to have so many presents to enjoy my magic.  The best presents are my extra special magic ones.  Enjoying time with the people who love you.  Being kind and respectful to other people are truly special gifts and will last for ever.

Rudolph is banging his hooves on the roof, Oh my is it that time already,  Time to go!  Bath and bed for me, I feel like I could sleep for a year.  Bye Bye Soli, see you next Christmas 💙🌝





Comments

Popular Posts