Shopping with Nanook





The weather in Nottingham has been a tad cold recently.   Hanging in Soli's wardrobe was a very stylish snowsuit, just the thing for a walk into town for a bit of Christmas shopping.  After all I like my favourite little man to be on trend!  And toddlers in snowsuits look so cute.





That was before the battle of the snowsuit began!  Snowsuits and toddlers, not a good combination and they should come with a grandma warning!

I think the problem was that Soli just didn't fancy shopping!  Playing with his Porsche was much more appealing.  He looked at his enthusiastic grandma brandishing the latest fashion essential and he was gone!  His face having said it all.  "Nah! me not wearing that grandma."

By the time I'd changed a wriggling nappy and worked little arms and legs into the four apertures of the snowsuit, I was completely knackered.  Soli was grumpy, looked as stiff as a board and resembled Nanook of the North.

Several minutes later with Soli in his Bugaboo, bag and grandma sorted, we were off.  We took a short cut through the park, I definitely needed my coffee fix soon and was regretting not taking the car.  Stopping to see the ducks was probably not a good idea, but that's what grandma's do, only today we were the only ones in the park because it was so f***ing freezing.  That didn't bother Soli though, just as well he had his thermals on!  Saying our farewells to the ducks was painful though as someone didn't want to leave!

Just as I had successfully reunited Soli with his buggy  I noticed the smell!  I think he did it on purpose!  Separate a boy from his ducks at your peril grandma. 

I think baby changing facilities have definitely improved since my day.  Following a sprint to Sainsbury's, twenty minutes later we were ready to shop!  I have to say that Soli thought Sainsbury's decorations were pretty cool, lots of pointing and and vocalising. 

 Wilco's though was something else. We checked out all the animated decorations and sang along to the songs, gathering an amused audience around us.  Wilco have us to thank for a surge in Rudolph and Frosty sales!  And I couldn't resist leaving the store with our very own Frosty, Soli's new best buddy ⛄




After Wilco's I couldn't look at another shop and neither could Soli!  We headed home for a well deserved nap💙🌝    

Comments

Popular Posts