Twixmas


All that planning, shopping and cooking, over for another year!  I love Christmas but hate cooking the dinner!    I only cook a roast at Christmas and Easter as I find it a massive faff and time consuming, and I'm a lousy cook!

Over the years I've come to realise that my Christmas meal will not be perfect and there will generally be a few stressy moments before the meal reaches the table.  Not this year though!  I excelled myself and was frighteningly calm with my poor other half waiting for something, that just didn't happen this year.  It's all in the planning and champagne!  Soli joined us for Christmas duck and all the trimmings and didn't complain!  In fact he loves duck!!

No Christmas pudding this year as no one really likes it, although we did have a scrumptious pudding crawling around the lounge!

Christmas Pudding, steaming hot,  Sprinkle on the sugar, eat the lot.


After a busy Christmas it's great to be able to get away.  My favourite place to be in England is the Lake District.  Walking away from the stresses of life, recharging your batteries and 'being in the moment' is perfect here.  We have a lodge by Lake Windermere and spend as much time as we can there.

Snow topped mountains.  View from Wray Castle

On Friday morning we woke up to a blanket of snow.  Our first experience of snow at Owl lodge and it really was something special.




Loving the white stuff at Owl Lodge 


Owl Lodge.


We had a great snowy day and spent the afternoon in Grasmere.


St Oswald's church


Wordsworth's Daffodil Garden, a special place at any time of year.

The river Rothay

 A snowy St Oswald's cemetery
Snow  selfie
 
The Gingerbread shop in Grasmere sells the best Gingerbread!  And warming ginger wine, perfect for a snowy day.


How about growing your own spoon garden?  A great idea for preschool!
Berries in the snow


I'm super, super chilled!  Bring on 2018 💙🌝

Comments

  1. My brother, sister in law are in the Lakes with their families, 'r Heather, Husband Pete and Taia are over from Australia for Christmas, they have been posting beautiful photos of the lakes in the snow. Enjoy yourselves, and happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, Yes , beautiful in the snow. I didn't know that you had a brother in Australia. Did you get a chance to meet up? I hope 2018 is a good year for you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts