New Year resolutions





Four days into 2018 and It's hard taking down the decorations as the house looks so bare.  Truth is I've only just put them up!! We always put our decs up just before Christmas.  People still have their lights and trees up but for me Christmas is well and truly over 😞

Outside it's wet, windy, dark and cold.  January always seems a long drawn out month with pay day far away.  Is it just me or is January depressing?




Sometimes I feel like I just want to hibernate until Spring, curled up on the sofa
watching old films and eating comfort food.



To begin with I was full of enthusiasm for New Year and made my resolutions.   Yeah!  I thought how difficult can dry January be ......failed by day two!  I need to lose weight but having Christmas Cake, Mince Pies and loads of choccies left over, there was no point starting a diet just yet!  Oh! and I know I need to exercise and get back to the gym.   It's just so hard getting off the sofa in miserable, cold, dark January!

However there is one exercise that I'll always have lots of enthusiasm for......





I suppose New Year is the perfect time for change and makes sense really.  We all need to look after ourselves, including moi!   And I do need to make a few changes.  So even though I know I'm going to struggle getting off the sofa and embracing January, it has to be done!  I need to do it for myself, to try and stay youthful and I don't want to end up out of puff every time I run after Soli.  By the way did I mention that we now have a walker!




I've decided to set myself very small goals, you have to be realistic!  No sofa sitting with cake till after nine pm.  No alcohol during the week, err! change that to Mon, Tues and Thurs.  I've booked a gym session for next Monday, straight after work, so no opportunity to slouch on the sofa, feeling guilty!



Small changes that hopefully will see a slimmer more energised Grandma.  I'm looking forward to Spring sunshine and fun play times with Soli, without me getting out of puff 💙🌝

Comments

Popular Posts